Try this delicious slow cooker recipe if you’re looking for something that’s easy to make for a Sunday brunch. This recipe makes twelve big servings. Serve it with some fruit and toast or muffins and you’ll have a complete meal.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 bag of shredded hash browns (24 oz. bag)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 cups diced ham
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bacon, fried until crisp
Here’s what to do:
- Grease the crock of a 6-quart slow cooker or coat it with cooking spray.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix the frozen hash browns and the chopped onion.
- Spread half of the hash browns on the bottom of the greased crock.
- Top the hash browns with 1 cup of ham and distribute evenly.
- Combine both cheeses with the parsley; stir until evenly mixed; then sprinkle half of this mixture over the ham layer.
- Layer the remaining hash browns, ham, and cheese in the same order, patting each layer down as it is added.
- Combine the eggs, evaporated milk, salt, and pepper; whisk until smooth. Pour the egg mixture over the hash brown, ham, and cheese layers.
- Cover the slow cooker and turn the heat setting to low. Cook for 4 to 5 hours. (If you aren’t ready to start the cooking process, the prepared dish can be covered and placed in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook it.)
- The bacon should be prepared about 20 to 30 minutes before the cooking time of the brunch bake has elapsed. Fry the bacon until crispy, and then break it into large pieces.
- Uncover the crock pot and distribute the bacon pieces evenly on top of the brunch bake about 15 minutes prior to serving; then cover the crock pot and allow the brunch bake to cook for the final 15 minutes.